No time for soldering? No problem, we've got pre-built Iris keyboards for sale now!
- Tested and pre-flashed with default layout and VIA support
- Built and shipped within 3-5 business days usually
- If you add on a mid-layer kit, we will install it for you!
- Cables and keycaps not included
- No in-switch LEDs installed, just the pre-existing RGB underglow LEDs
- Thumb key configuration
- Default thumb key setup is two 1u keys
- Select the configuration you'd like for each thumb
- Rev. 5
- Non-hotswap version, MX/Alps/Choc compatible
- RGB underglow LEDs
- Has 2u thumb key support
- Rev. 6 (New!)
- Kailh hotswap sockets, MX-compatible switches only
- No 2u thumb key support
- Per-key RGB LEDs and RGB underglow LEDs
- If encoders are selected, they will be soldered in (not hot-swappable)
- Kailh Box Jades (Note: Midnight Box Jades might be substituted in) (Clicky)
- Gazzew Boba U4 62g (Silent Tactiles)
- Gazzew Boba U4T 62g (Thocky Tactiles)
- Gazzew Bobagum 62g (Silent Linears)
- Milky Gateron Yellows (Linear)
- Customer Supplied
- For this option, email us in advance so we can give you the mailing address to send switches to
More configurations will be added based on survey results
- Mill-Max 3305 Hotswap Sockets can be installed
- MX compatible only
- Some switches (such as Kailh switches) have compatibility issues with these sockets due to wider switch pins. Please check the Mill-Max Compatibility Table if you are unsure if your switches will work with the sockets.
- Encoder pins are not hotswapped - If you order encoders, then they will be pre-soldered on for you at the spots you specify
When ordering, you need to select a set of plates that the switches will be placed into for use with the build. You can find out more about each of the plate materials/options here: Iris PE Plates
A middle layer is an optional piece that can be added that will go in between the switch plate and the bottom plate, giving the board a more enclosed and complete look. If you purchase a middle layer that has tenting holes, you can add your own bolts/nuts to it to allow your board to be tented (see video below). A middle layer can be installed at a later time if you don't want to buy one now.
Another thing you can buy separately is a 3D-printed case. You can currently purchase one of these at Tree Dog Studio: Iris 3D Printed Case, and optionally, you can have it shipped to us for installation.
The default keymapping that the board is pre-programmed with can be found here: Default Keymaps