The Iris CE (Compact Edition) is a low-profile variant of the popular Iris keyboard! Reprogrammable to any keymap layout you'd like with QMK/VIA! We've worked up case parts for the Iris CE PCB that offer a more premium feel than other ergo split keyboard offerings.
Fully built, the height of the keyboard is about 19mm and is quite compact.
The photo shown is of a printed prototype and is not the final design.
Iris PCBs with on-board controller and USB-C port. Just put in your switches, and you're done!
A switch plate and enclosing bottom piece will also be made available with the PCB. The bottom piece will be available in aluminum and polycarbonate (PC). Separate product listings will be made for these when ready.
- Left half PCB
- Right half PCB
Items Needed for Build
- Iris CE PCBs (this item)
- Iris Plate Kit
- USB-C to USB-C Cable to connect both halves together
- Kailh Choc V1 Switches
- Choc-compatible Keycaps
- USB-C Cable to connect to computer
- SKUF Keyboard Feet (optional)
Iris CE Rev. 1 PCB Features
- On-board RP2040 controller
- Switch support: Kailh Choc Low-Profile V1 switch support only
- Key spacing: 17mm vertical, 18mm horizontal (MCC/MBK spacing)
- USB-C ports for both connection to computer and in between halves
- MX Hotswap sockets pre-installed
- 6 RGB underglow LEDs per half (12 total)
- Per-key RGB LEDs
- Pre-flashed with QMK Firmware and VIA configurator support
Each half of the board is a 4x6 matrix with the same vertical stagger as the Ergodox and with 4 thumb keys. Alternatively, a rotary encoder can be placed at the upper thumb key of each half.