Brought to you by the QMK Collaborators, this is the new and improved external controller that you didn’t know you needed. The Proton C is a drop-in replacement for a Pro-Micro and so much more.
The incomparable qualities of the original:
- 32-bit Cortex-M4 Processor
- USB-C Port that won’t break off easily
- PWM on every exposed pin
- A break-away section with extra pins and a place to mount a speaker
- RESET button with a sane bootloader
And some new features for Rev 2:
- Clear solder mask on both sides
- Speaker pads on both sides
- You can now connect one side of the speaker to GND to gain an additional I/O pin
Add Audio To Your Build
The Proton C comes with speaker pads, so you can add Audio to any build. Just solder in a Mallory Sonalert AST1109MLTRQ and you’re setup for auditory feedback. Play a sound for layer changes, use Music Mode to turn your keyboard into a piano, enable Audio Click, or just use it as a delightful little soundboard. The audio setup will give you all new ways to increase the customization of your keyboard.
Upgrade Your Existing Pro-Micro Based Kit
Add a Proton C into any QMK-compatible kit that currently uses a Pro-Micro, and compile Proton C firmware without any extra work! We’ve done the heavy lifting of making your existing keyboards work without keymap changes. Just adjust your make target and it will build an ARM firmware instead of an AVR firmware.
Take Your Handwired Build To The Next Level
The quintessential controller for your custom build. Yes, you can have USB-C and Audio in your hand-wired builds! The Proton C provides 23 GPIO pins. That’s enough to wire a full sized keyboard!
QMK Proton C Rev 2 Technical Specifications
- Processor: ARM-7 Cortex-M4 STM32F303CCT6
- Core Size: 32-Bit
- Speed: 72MHz
- Connectivity: USB, I²C, SPI, UART/USART
- Peripherals: PWM, DMA, I²S
- Number of 3.3V I/O: 23
- Number of 5V Output: 1
- Program Memory Size: 256Kb
- RAM Size: 40K
- VCC: 3.3V
- USB-C Connector With Through-hole Fixing Pins
- 5V Output for WS2812 RGB Strips
- RAW pin for 5V VCC-supply
- Speaker Pad for AST1109MLTRQ on Both Sides
NOTE: QMK support for split keyboards is not available yet, and development is still in progress. This is currently a firmware issue and will be fixed, although there is no ETA on that yet.
This notice will be kept up to date, so if you don't see a change here, it's not ready yet.
Note: Header pins are not included with the Proton C