Split ortholinear board that’s compatible with a standard keyset, for those scared of finding keycaps for an ortho board.
Want a pre-built version of the FoldKB? See here: Pre-Built FoldKB
The FoldKB has been discontinued from continuous in-stock status, but we're now doing recurring small-batch runs of the board, so sign up for restock notifications to find out when they are released.
- On-board ATmega32u4 controller
- Pre-flashed with QMK Firmware with VIA support enabled
- Switch support: MX-compatible switches only
- USB-C port for connection to computer and between halves
- In-switch single-color LED support
- Option for rotary encoder at top-left of left half
- Note: Some of the gallery images show encoder on right half, but that was only an option on prototype kits, that option went away to support 2u backspace on right half
- Bottom plates in FR4 Plate Kit has two designs!
- Flip the bottom plates to select which design you'd like to display
- Layout options: FoldKB Layout
- PCB Kit: FoldKB left PCB and FoldKB right PCB
Parts Needed for Build:
- FoldKB Plate Kit and optional case parts
- MX-compatible switches
- USB-C to USB-C Cable
- PCB-mount MX stabilizers - Screw-in stabilizers will work as well
- USB-C cable
- 1.8mm or 2x3x4mm single-color LEDs
- Rotary Encoder and knobs
Build guide can be found here: FoldKB Build Guide
Jumper wire fix for using 2x1.5u keys on left thumbs is no longer needed for these Rev. 1.1 PCBs.
Case files for 3D printing are available here: FoldKB Case Files
Default Keymap Layouts:
The keymap layouts can be changed in the QMK Configurator.
The default keymapping that the board is pre-programmed with can be found here: Default Keymaps