Top/bottom plates for the Levinson keyboard. The middle layers are optional and can be added in between the top and bottom plates at any time (stainless steel and acrylic plate versions only).
These plates are backwards-compatible with the Let's Split v2, if you want to use it with those PCBs.
Plates for the Levinson are offered in these variants:
- Stainless Steel
- 16 gauge (1.56mm) 304 stainless steel with a #4 finish
- Note that the backside of each plate may have scratches on it, but they are hidden when the board is assembled
- FR4 plates
- 1.6mm thick
- Switch plate is FR4
- Bottom plate is aluminum, one side is black, other side is bare
- 3mm thick plates, available in black, clear, and white
The plates come with the following:
- 2 Switch plates
- 2 Bottom plates
- For the stainless steel, acrylic, and PCB plates w/exterior screws:
- 32 M2 6mm screws
- 16 M2 12mm standoffs
Switch plates are compatible with MX and Alps switches and support MX switch top removal. Note that for the non-1u cutouts however, the switches won't have anything on the plate to grab on to, so you need to be careful with alignment when soldering the switch.
The design files for the case: Levinson Case Files
This middle layer is used to enclose the keyboard. For now, a clear acrylic layer will be offered that's compatible with the stainless steel, acrylic, and PCB plates w/exterior screws.
There are 2 different types of middle layers available:
- W/tenting support - has 4 side holes to accept 1/4" or M6 screws to tent the board
The middle layers consists of two 12mm thick pieces (pieces may be slightly less than 12mm, so you may need 11mm standoffs for a better fit.)