Viterbi Keyboard - 5x7 70% Split Ortholinear PCB Kit
- MX and Alps switches are compatible
- 2 Viterbi PCBs
- 2 Push buttons for reset
- 2 4.7kΩ resistors for I2C
- 2 TRRS jacks
- 70 1N4148 diodes
- LED support kit already included
- 2 MOSFET
- 2 4.7kΩ resistors
Each half of the board is a 5x7 matrix, but there is the option to have a 2u key in the lower left and right corners in place of 2 1u keys. The spot for the 2u has holes for Cherry PCB mounted stabilizers.
There's also a spot on the PCB for a pushbutton switch to reset the Pro Micro for flashing. No more taking a wire/tweezers/screwdriver to jump the Reset and GND pins!
The Viterbi uses QMK for its firmware, and the code for it has been merged into the main codebase. You can find it here: QMK - Viterbi directory.
Parts needed for build
- 35 Diodes per PCB (through-hole and SMD diodes supported)
- 2 Arduino Pro Micro or Elite-C (you can mix and match)
- 2 Push buttons (included with this item)
- 2 4.7kΩ resistors if using I2C (included)
- Switches - Alps or MX-compatible
- 2 TRRS Jacks (included with this item)
- Optional parts for LEDs
- 2 MOSFETs (included)
- 2 1kΩ resistors (included)
- 70 470Ω resistors (sold separately)
- TRRS cable
- Micro USB cable
- Optional - 2u PCB mount MX stabilizer if using 2u keys
Build Guide: Viterbi Build Guide
As usual with these split ortho boards, we had to christen the board with a term from bakingpy's past. He used to implement the Viterbi Algorithm a number of times to take 2N received bits from a communications signal and figure out the original N bits it was encoded from. So here, signals from 2 board halves, decoded into one board, it's like this thing named itself.
Here's the case files for the Viterbi: Viterbi Case on GitHub
Look forward to a build video soon!
The default keymapping that the board is pre-programmed with can be found here: Default Keymaps
The PCB was in great condition. The instructions were easy to follow. I now use this as my main keyboard, and I will be looking forward to buying more products from Keebio.